What is Sperm count?
Although millions of sperms are ejaculated at a time but only about 200 reach to the egg for the fertilization process. The low sperm count can be defined when the number of sperms is less than 20 million sperm per millimetre of semen. Besides sperm count, the sperm quality and the sperm mobility also equally responsible for the male infertility problem.
What is Sperm Quality?
If we look at the shape of a normal sperm, then it has the oval shape with a long tail. Those sperms with misshapen heads curl tails and double tails lead to the poor quality of sperms and will have poor fertilization.
What is Sperm Mobility?
The sperm makes a movement with the help of its tail that pushes it forward. The sperm has the ability to cover the distance in order to reach the egg. If the sperm mobility is good, then the chances of fertilization increase with 50%.
Causes of the low sperm count and quality
- Stress: the emotional stress and other physical stress can lead to the low sperm count.
- Heat exposure: Hot baths, work in high temperature, tight clothes etc. cam lead to the low sperm counts.
- Cycling: Bicycling can raise the temperature of scrotum and hence lead to the numbness
- Alcohol abuse: Alcohol can lead to the infertility problem
- Smoking: Smoking can cause abnormal sperm mobility
- Lubricants: The use of lubricants during intercourse can lead to the low sperm count
If you want to overcome the problem of low sperm count then you can go with ayurvedic treatment for low sperm count treatment online.